Share your experience teaching with any lesson on the Zinn Education Project website that also appears in the Rethinking Schools teaching guide, Teaching for Black Lives, and we will send you a free copy of the book.
To qualify, please submit 3-5 paragraphs to describe a time when you used any of the following lessons:
- Burned Out of Homes and History: Unearthing the Silenced Voices of the Tulsa Massacre
- COINTELPRO: Teaching the FBI’s War on the Black Freedom Movement
- The Color Line
- Plotting Inequalities, Building Resistance
- Presidents and the Enslaved: Helping Students Find the Truth
- Reconstructing the South
- Teaching SNCC: The Organization at the Heart of the Civil Rights Revolution
- What We Don’t Learn About the Black Panther Party — but Should
- Poetry of Defiance: How the Enslaved Resisted
- Any of the Lessons for How the Word Is Passed by Clint Smith
A qualifying teaching story for this giveaway will explain what lesson you used, why you chose it, how your students reacted (use student quotes, if you have them), and why you would recommend the lesson to other teachers. Please include a photo of yourself or of your students’ work, if possible. You can see examples here.