In 2021, the Zinn Education Project (coordinated by Rethinking Schools and Teaching for Change) supported and defended the right to teach truthfully about U.S. history.
With help from you and other supporters, we:
- Organized the only public protests of the wave of right-wing anti-history (anti-critical race theory) education bills
- Developed lessons and offered workshops on climate justice, McCarthyism, and the New York Times bestselling How the Word Is Passed by Clint Smith
- Engaged thousands of teachers in online classes with historians of the Black Freedom Struggle
- Welcomed over 17,000 new teachers to our people’s history network, now 140,000 strong and growing
- Formed and supported 100 Teaching for Black Lives study groups, supporting educators in 29 states
- Produced a national report analyzing K–12 curriculum standards on Reconstruction across the country as part of our Teach Reconstruction Campaign — to be released in January
Please help us continue this essential work and expand our reach in 2022, the 100th anniversary year of Howard Zinn (born 1922).