If you live in or near Westchester County, New York, join the community to send a clear message that you want our students to learn how the policies of our country affected all of its citizens and communities of diverse backgrounds including race, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, nationality, and more.
On Thursday, July 22nd at 7:30 pm, teachers, parents, and community members will gather at a historic site of their choice to make this pledge to our students and communities.
What you need to do:
- Sign up to participate
- Sign the pledge
- Print out a sign or make your own
- Go to a historic site in your village or town
- Please choose any location that excites you. If you’re not sure where to go, here is a list of location suggestions.
- Take a photo and/or record yourself making the pledge.
- Be sure to include your “why” – Why is this important to you, the students, and the community?
- Submit your photo or video to: email@example.com
- These images and videos will be organized as a way to show solidarity across the county for the use of culturally and historically responsive practices in our schools.
- By submitting your photo or video, you are giving WestchesterPledgetoTeachTruth the right to edit, use, and reuse this content for nonprofit purposes including use in print, on the internet, and all other forms of media.