While Race and Membership focuses on early 19th century America, constant use of these ideas in American media, including television, magazines, and most advertisements, underscores a need for understanding eugenics.
Race and Membership in American History: The Eugenics Movement, published by Facing History and Ourselves, is a sourcebook with replications of historical texts, references to popular culture, current laws, and issues in the bio-ethical debate.
- Science Fictions & Social Realities
- Race, Democracy & Citizenship
- Evolution, ‘Progress,’ and Eugenics
- In an Age of ‘Progress’
- Eugenics and the Power of Testing
- Toward Civic Biology
- Eugenics, Citizenship, and Immigration
- The Nazi Connection
- Legacies and Possibilities
ISBN: 9780961584191 | Facing History and Ourselves